Aposelemis Dam, Water Treatment and Water Supply Projects in Northern Crete
Services: Consulting, Design
Consulting Services: Technical, Management
Expertise: Dams and Reservoirs, Hydrology, Procurement, Project finance, Project Management, Tender Documents, Water, Water Resources Management
Region: Crete Prefecture, Crete island
Client: Hellenic Ministry of Development, Competitiveness, Infrastructure, Transport and Networks
Co-ordination and representation of professional individuals and companies forming the Joint Venture for the technical and managerial provision services.
Multiple contracts required design, tecnical and management consultant services for construction.
- Dam and related works study revision
- Pipeline to Heraklion and Ag Nikolaos.
- Water treatment plant
- Additional Environmental Impact Assessment of the Lasithi plateau
- Impact assessment and remedial measures for St Konstantinos church
- Hydrologic studies and modeling. Flood design study
- Water resources management
- Water saving measures definition study for the city of Heraklion
- Study for the issuing of a Water Regulating authority– Phase A and specifications for phase B
- Specifications and tender documents for the Leakage determination and control, Water Resourses and Works (Phase B) Regulating authority creation studies
- Tender Documents review and update.
- Construction Supervision Support on site and in Ministry headquarters.
- Validation of submitted bills of quantities and contractor payments.
- Quality control.
- EU funding assistance
- Dam break analysis
- Emergency Action Plan
The technical and management consultant provision of services included:
- Resident engineers. Specialised staff was assigned on site
- Existing data were reviewed (studies, investigations etc)
- Regular onsite visits and meetings with the client and experts were made
- Experienced scientific staff
Services current status: Completed
Construction progress: Under construction