The masterplan explores the water resources management scenarios, in order to secure a potable water supply for an expected population of 90.000 people.
A set of necessary works are suggested, along with water conservation and environmental objective target measures.
A full exploration of possible solutions is carried out in the Water Resources Management study, including hydrological and resources modeling.
The works proposed include
- Dam 56m high, earthfill
- Dam 32m high, earthfill or RCC
- Water treatment Works (major) for 100.000 EP
- Water treatment Works (secondary) for 40.000 EP
- a total around 130km, diameters 600 to 900mm, including an interconnecting pipe for the two dam pipelines.
- Storage structures, pumping stations, distribution networks
- A pipeline tunnel, 3.5 km long
All environmental impact is assessed.
Services: Consulting, Design
Design Stage: Feasibility Study, Masterplan
Consulting Services: Technical
Expertise: Environmental, Hydrology, Project Finance, Project Management, Water Resources Management
Region: Lesvos Prefecture, Lesvos Island
Client: Hellenic Ministry of Environment, Physical Planning and Public Works
- Preparation of water supply masterplan.
- Feasibility study.
- Water resources management.
- Preliminary design studies
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- EU funding assistance
Services current status: Completed